We have a large team of staff with various levels of qualifications and experience.
They are First Aid trained and constantly update their professional development by attending a variety of Early Years training. As Sharen is a qualified tutor/assessor she can support and mentor the training the staff require. All our staff have been carefully chosen for their ability, dedication and love of children. They are always available to discuss any concerns or suggestions you may have.
We also take on at least two apprentices each year as we feel it is important for young people to experience the work environment first hand and generally these students then stay with us once their training has been completed.
All staff photos are displayed in our main entrance at Plantin House too, as we don’t expect you to remember everyone!
Quality & Training
We are committed to providing the highest level of service.
While inspection reports and accreditation is important, we encourage you to meet us and see for yourself how we care for and develop children.
- Our Ofsted inspection reports are available to read from each nursery.
- We know that high quality is linked to trained staff. Training is a key element of staff development at Cre8tive Play. Every day is a learning opportunity.
- All of our staff are qualified or are working towards a qualification 90% hold a qualification at level 3 (A level equivalent) or above.
- All staff are sent on regular training to update their knowledge and to familiarise themselves with new areas of learning.
- Over 90% of staff are First Aid trained and all staffed will be First aid trained by 2016.
- We also encourage and support trainees from local schools and colleges and each year we recruit at least 2 apprentices who are trained in house.
Meet The Team
Sharen has been involved in the Early Years sector for over 30 years. She owned and managed Sharen Jane’s Play Nursery for 20 successful years and then went on to follow a teaching career in Early Years but her heart was always with the children so in 2012 Cre8tive Play @ Sharen Jane’s was born.
It is a fantastic feeling that families choose to put their trust in us to care for their children and I feel humbled that I now care for some children-of-children that I looked after over 20 years ago, as old as that makes me feel!